OS, QT & 1900 SERIES TRACTORS Page 2-2 REV. 4/83
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (Continued)
TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE
Lights not operating
Attachment drive inoperative (Attach- ment drive light works). (QT-1666& 1966 series only)
Attachment drive inoperative (Attachment light Inoper- ative). (QT-1666 & ‘ 1966 series only)
Engine kills when Attachment drive switch in fumed on
1. Bulbs burned out.
2. Loose or poorly connected white wires or poor black ground wire.
3. Bad light switch.
1. Broken or loose wires
2. Inoperative electric clutch.
1. Inoperative Attachment drive switch.
2. Broken red wire between Attachment drive switch and key switch.
1. No operator in seat.
2. Seat switch Is not adjusted properly.
2. Install properly and tighten.
1. Check purple wire between PTO switch and electric clutch.
1. Check and replace of necessary. Refer to Attachment switch test.
2. Check and replace of necessary.
1. Seat switch must be anti-voted either by operator in seat or the interlock switch button pulled up.
2. Adjust so switch is engaged when operator is seated.
click HERE for more
“CATERPILLAR” 2-TON TRACTOR INAD THE 2-Ton, like the other models of the “Caterpillar” Tractor, is designed and built, not to meet a price, but to the highest standards of design, material and construction. All shafts and gears are of high grade steels. Clutch plates are of saw steel. Roller frames are steel castings. Throughout the tractor extensive use is made of anti-friction bearings.
The 2-Ton is built entirely in the “Caterpillar” plants—in the most modern, well-equipped factories, by skilled workmen. Rigid inspection is made, not only of the finished tractor and of the work in various stages of its progress, but also of the raw materials. Among the 2-Ton’s foremost features is its wide range of utility. It is small enough to work almost anywhere—only 58 inches high and 52 inches wide.
Its three forward speeds adapt it for a great variety of operations. Its liberal power enables it to do subsoiling, chiseling and other heavy work that is beyond the limits of the ordinary small tractor’s capacity. Another of the 2-Ton’s features is the simplicity of its unit construction. There are but three units to the entire machine….
Caterpillar Tractor Manuals